TAD PGS, INC. is currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer for one of our clients in Bethesda, MD.
**Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance.**
Our client designs, develops, and sustains offerings that empower diplomatic missions, support war fighter requirements, and advance exploration from the ocean floor to outer space. They maintain leadership positions in supply chain management, hardware integration, and global network integration. They do all this with the constant and deliberate commitment to ethical performance and integrity that has marked their company since its founding.
- Gather network requirements by interviewing agencies, federal staff and other contractors.
- Analyze data to determine elements of the network design
- Work with vendors, carriers, and other staff and team members to arrive at the final design using industry best practices
- Produce presentations, engineering design guides, migration plan, NOC procedures and other documents as directed by management
- Present design solution alternatives with cost-benefit trade off information along with supporting materials to CXOs and other senior management
- Follow established change procedures and implement the changes
- Validate and verify the proper functioning of the network
- Train and mentor other junior engineers in design, troubleshooting and maintenance activities
Basic Hiring Criteria:
- 7+ years of Hands-on experience with 3+ years of MPLS experience is required in migrating and managing a diverse wide area network
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, 4 years of addition related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Cisco switches, Cisco, 2800, 3800, 4000, 7200 and 7600 series routers. Cisco ASR 9000 IOS-XR Routers Cisco Catalyst 2900, 4000, 6500, series switches.
- IPv4 and IPv6 addressing, subnetting, etc VLAN-S (802.1a, ISL), Trunking, Aggregation (EtherChannel, PAgP), 802.1d bridging, spanning tree
- TCP/IP, IPv6, BGP, EIGPR, RIP, OSPF, IPSEC
- Excellent knowledge of Internet technologies and networking
- Must be a strong self-starter, show initiative and be an excellent team player
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills, be customer service oriented and demonstrate ownership to issues
- Must be detail oriented and be able to present presentations, cost-benefit summary, etc to CXOs and other senior management staff
- Candidate must have solid understanding on MPLS, MPLS L3 VPN and L2 VPN, VRF
- Good knowledge of Cisco Command line structure for interface, switching and router configuration.
- Cisco CCIE - must have passed both written and lab in Routing &Switching or Service Provider
- Experience with leading an network migration team and previous migration experience to an all MPLSVPN network is an plus
- Knowledge of Wireless 802.11a/b/n, security, network tools configuration and usage is a plus
TAD PGS, INC. specializes in delivering secure, reliable and rapidly implemented workforce solutions to the U.S. Federal marketplace, including U.S. Government agencies and their prime contractors. With more than 50 years of experience, TAD PGS, INC. has earned a reputation for accountability, a value that government agencies and prime contractors both demand and deserve.
TAD PGS, INC. sources professionals for the full spectrum of federal positions, from administrative to management, and those contracts requiring extremely niche-oriented technical skills and the highest levels of security clearance.