Welcome to our candidate focused weekly review blog. This week we are focusing on tips and tricks for building and maintaining your LinkedIn profile. LinkedIn is a great tool to build your network as well as job search.
- If you’re new to LinkedIn you may not be entirely sure of how to get started. These 20 do’s and don’ts will help you build your network without offending or embarrassing yourself.
- When developing your LinkedIn network it can be easy to include only certain types of people. However, to make your network really successful it needs to be diverse. Consider including these 4 individuals in your LinkedIn network.
- Keeping LinkedIn up to date is important, but it can be confusing knowing how to show job promotions in your profile. The style you use will be different if the promotions are with one long-term employer or multiple employers.
- Of course one of the best ways to continually network is through LinkedIn, but apparently only about 1/3 of the users log in on a daily basis. To make it really work for you spend at least 5 minutes a day connecting and promoting yourself.
- LinkedIn is a great place to find a new job or even for a new job to find you. There are several ways you can search LinkedIn as well as several things you can do to make your profile more attractive to recruiters.
Did you find this post helpful? What would you like to see more of in future posts?
Related articles across the web