Here’s quick snapshot of news around the industry!
Around the Staffing Industry:
- Temporary work may be the solution for the long-term unemployed. [Times Union]
- The Citi Foundation plans to donate $50 million to 10 U.S. cities in hopes that it will improve employment opportunities for young adults. [NPR]
- California, Nevada, Illinois and Rhode Island continue to have high unemployment rates compared to the rest of the country. [24/7 Wall Street]
- Should a worker receive worker’s compensation if he or she is hit while walking from an “employer-designated” parking garage? [Daily Record]
- Study by Accounting Principals suggests that workers value money over time-off. [PR Newswire]
- Chipotle’s key to success has been promoting from within. Should it be your strategy too? [Quartz]
- Salary trends in 2014 that will impact the way your company staffs its projects. [Madison]
Around the Government:
- Federal agencies continue to downsize by shedding another 10,000 jobs in March. [Gov Exec]
- Bipartisan group of senators propose amendment that would benefit employers who hire the long-term unemployed. [Insurance News Net]
Just for Fun:
- Companies get a little crazy when April Fool’s Day comes around. Here are some of the best tricks for 2014: http://bit.ly/1lwjVRg
Did you find this post helpful? What would you like to see more of in future posts?