Here’s quick snapshot of news around the industry!
Around the Staffing Industry:
- It’s important to integrate social media with your marketing initiatives and align your efforts with your business objectives. [Staffing Industry]
- The Federal Reserve’s Beige Book report was released this and stated that employment growth remained modest in September. [Staffing Industry]
- Solving employee turnover has a lot to do with the hiring process and effective leadership development. [ERE]
- When you find top IT talent you want to hold on to them. Here are 4 ways to do that. [Business News Daily]
Around the Government:
- Federal employees who were furloughed during the shutdown will have to return any unemployment benefits that they received. [Government Executive]
- The Federal Government may be open, but employers will be dealing with the shutdown’s aftermath for weeks. [Staffing Talk]
Around the IT Industry:
- Check out Around the IT Industry from Modis for everything from a knife that can detect cancer to IBM building computers more like the human brain to someone hot on Google Maps heels. [Modis]
Did you find this post helpful? What would you like to see more of in future posts?