Here’s quick snapshot of news around the industry!
Around the Staffing Industry:
- Over 50% of HR departments are outsourced today due to these 5 reasons. [Forbes]
- Even though the rate of job growth is at its fastest pace, other economic factors are causing concern. [Market Watch]
- While it is good news that the U.S. unemployment rate just hit 7% (the lowest in years), it could mean bad news for the long term unemployed. [Huffington Post]
- 4 strategies HR teams can learn from your marketing department. [ERE]
- How exactly do you handle the hundreds of resumes you received from your last job posting? Use the 7 secrets to speed reading of course. [INC]
- With over 52% of employees saying that they are not engaged at work, what are you doing to re-engage them? [LinkedIn]
Around the Government:
- Are you planning on hiring veterans and employees with disabilities? Then you should be following the new government hiring guidelines. [ERE]
- Feds are rushing to “use or lose” their annual leave. [Government Executive]
- A recent poll suggests that Americans want Congress to focus more on creating jobs than any other pressing issue in the news today. [National Journal]
Around the IT Industry:
- 48% of surveyed CIO’s say that they plan to hire more IT contractors than full time staff, and 32% plan to increase IT contracting budgets. With numbers like these, IT contracting will see a lot of growth in the next 18 months. [CIO]
- Good news! IT salaries are on the rise and companies are spending more on training, which means they are working hard on retaining staff. [Information Week]
Did you find this post helpful? What would you like to see more of in future posts?