Here’s quick snapshot of news around the industry!
Around the Staffing Industry:
- New sick leave laws in NY and NJ that require more tracking will likely result in a bigger headache for staffing firms. [Mondaq]
- With brand loyalty out the door, staffing firms will need to partner with marketing to make sure they continue to look good to future candidates and clients. [Staffing Industry]
- Despite a solid year in 2013, many staffing firms are being extra cautious this year due to uncertain signs for growth in 2014. [Benefits Pro]
- 2013 study shows that 40% of the U.S. workforce will be employed in temporary contract positions by 2020. [Florida Times Union]
Around the IT Industry:
- IT and Engineering industries are predicted to have strong growth in 2014. [PR Newswire]
- 2014 Linux Jobs Report shows that 77% of hiring managers will be targeting Linux talent this year. [ZD Net]
Around the Government:
- OSHA shares what employees they consider to be “temporary” and what their inspectors look for during investigations. [Mondaq]
- Online poll found that 50% of federal employees are looking for employment outside of the federal government. [PR Web]
- Company culture is one of the most important things a company must consider when trying to win the “war on talent.” [MiBiz]
- Recent survey said that the #1 workplace risk issue is stress followed by low pay and conflicting job expectations. [La Jolla Light]
Did you find this post helpful? What would you like to see more of in future posts?
Related articles across the web