Here’s quick snapshot of news around the industry!
Around the IT Industry:
According to Modis:
- Anonymous Stands Up to North Korea
- Comcast Infuriates Users Again. News at 11:00.
- Social Media: Not Just for Games
- Want Untraceable Texts? Get an iPhone.
- National Digital Public Library? Coming Soon!
Around the Staffing Industry:
- A Closer Look at the Jobs Report [Adecco]
- Survey shows that job growth will slow this month [NPR]
According to Staffing Talk:
- Social recruiting (and, increasingly, employee referral programs) are the future of the recruiting industry[PR Web]
- CareerBuilder estimates temp hiring will decrease slightly in 2013; one in four will transition some staff to permanent [iStock Analyst]
- Company held “funeral for its human resources department” after 600 resumes, months of interviews – and no new hire [Workforce]
- Number of jobless claims rises to highest level since November [CNBC]
- How to win the war on talent: A Simply Strategy. [CIO Journal]
- The majority of 2,000 HR execs worldwide predict they’ll spend more money on talent development this year, according to Right Management survey [USA Today]
- How Boeing spent over six years developing its talent management strategy [Employee Benefit News]
Around the Government:
- Federal retirement numbers are much larger than expected [Federal Times]
- Thanks Obama! He decided to take a 5% pay cut to show solidarity with furloughed feds [Federal Times]
- Who else is forfeiting pay alongside Obama? [Government Executive]
- DoD is to consider layoffs if the sequester continues into 2014 [Federal Times]
Did you find this post helpful? What would you like to see more of in future posts?