Landing an interview can be tough, but landing the job can be even more difficult. Asking the right interview questions will benefit not only you, but the hiring manager too.
Dave Kerypen, CEO of Likeable Local and author of “Likeable Social Media,” recently did a LinkedIn post where he asked a few people at the Young Entrepreneur Council (YEC) to share the most impressive interview question they have been asked by interviewees, or one’s they wish interviewees would ask. We wanted to share some of our favorite questions, so the next time you have an interview, you blow their socks off with powerful questions.
1. What can I help to clarify that would make hiring me an easy decision? -Dan Pickett, cofounder of Launch Academy
2. How do you see this position evolving in the next three years? -Jared Brown, cofounder of Hubstaff
3. What’s the most frustrating part of working here? -Avery Fisher, president of Remedify
4. Who’s your ideal candidate and how can I make myself more like them? -Phil Laboon, president of Eyeflow Internet Marketing
5. How did you get your start? -Jayna Cooke, CEO of EVENTup
6. What concerns/reservations do you have about me for this position? -John Berkowitz, cofounder and Chief Revenue Officer of Yodle
Dave Kerpen even added his personal favorite at the end of the post, How will the work I’ll be doing contribute to the organization’s mission? -Dave Kerpen, founder and CEO of Likeable Local.
There are a lot ways to prep for an interview, but remember that it’s a two way street. This is your time to ask any questions that might help you and the hiring manager make the right decision. To read the full Linkedin article visit, Dave Kerpen’s post.